Good News Europe
- The Lithuanian government has proposed setting aside over £32.5mn for Holocaust survivors and descendants in what restitution campaigners say is an important step to providing a measure of justice in a country where 90 per cent of Jews were killed in the Holocaust.
- France has allowed a ship carrying more than 200 migrants to land at Toulon, following a ban by Italy to it landing there.
Bad News Europe
- Poland is building a razor wire fence 8ft high and 10ft deep on its border with Russia to prevent entry by asylum seekers.
- Holocaust survivors have warned about the re-emergence of anti-Semitism. The Department for Research and Information on anti-Semitism in Germany documented more than 2,700 incidents there last year.
- The members of the European Parliament have denounced the ongoing incarceration of the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Ales Bialiatski and urged the regime of Belarusian dictator Aliaksandr Lukashenka to ensure his release ahead of the award ceremony in Oslo on 10 December.